Sunday, April 7, 2024

Easter Joy

Happy Second Sunday of Easter to all of you! I never meant to not blog at all last week (or has it been a bit longer?) but life has been full -- teaching, Easter prep, we both had wipe out colds while teaching, my Mom had major surgery. But it is spring break for us here in Connecticut and no school for a whole week is just what this family needs. Right now Scott is working in the yard, Abigail is working on some college prep, and I am excited to see some of these Easter pictures I took.  So let's take a peek. 

Oh goodness, how we ached for having Anna with us. It was a hole for sure. (sometime soon I want to update this blog on how China is going for her) 


There was one little basket and one not so little girl anymore to bring us so much joy to see her gifts. 




She loved this because it is the prayer we pray on the way to school each morning. 


And this beautiful cross she saw in a Catholic store and was surprised to receive it.



And a few other surprises as well...


Easter was bright and sunny and our home will filled with tulips. 




I set the table with my treasured 'made in England' blue and white vintage dishes. 














And then we feasted - oh boy did we ever feast!


My from scratch dinner rolls, Honey Baked ham (the only and best ham) 


Scott's amazing scalloped potatoes




And since we served at brunch time - it wouldn't be Easter brunch without crepes. 



I made a carrot cake and a lemon sour cream pie for dessert. 




It sure was a delicious Easter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment