Friday, April 12, 2024

A Sunny Country Kitchen

I love changing this room for each season {and even more}. This spring I wanted lots of bright yellow gingham and green mixed in. It really brightens up this happy room! 


It sure is tricky to take photos of these shelves but I do so that I can remember. They are comfy cozy to me and I love that they are things that we use daily. You can see on the window something new too. I added some curtains here. I've never had curtains but I just didn't like the shade that we pulled down each evening. It felt cold and unfriendly. This is so much better. I can simply pull these curtains for privacy at night {or if a morning is just too sunny -- we get a lot of sunshine all morning here}. They will be easy to take down and run through the wash or to change out for winter. 


Still loving the baskets over the kitchen sink and changing up the one that is up against the cabinet. Tulips are in every room of our home right now and they are making me so happy! 


I love to stick a little children's book in this basket or a recipe book to inspire me. 


This little plant was just what our windowsill needed along with more yellow gingham and those green 'made in England' cups. I found that yellow ironstone pitcher in an antique store about a year ago. 







I love to decorate this little area on this tea table. It's right below the open shelving and next to our kitchen table. 


Sweet yellow wreath on this jelly cupboard. 




I squealed when I saw these ironstone bowls in a thrift store. Just stacked up so so pretty. 







Well, that's about it from our cozy, bright, and sunshiny kitchen. Looking forward to enjoying this spot all spring long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment