Sunday, April 28, 2024

Beauty in the Ordinary

A wise woman builds her house but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands" Proverbs 14:1 

I believe that home is not meant to be only a roof over our heads. It is not just the place where we go when the workday is over. Home is meant to be a place of refuge and rest from our labors. It is meant to be a source of refreshment and restoration for us. It's a place where we are meant to be fed and nourished - by our conversations and times together as much as as by the food our plates. 

This is the kind of home Jesus can become for us: our refuge in the storms of life, our refreshment when we are anxious and feeling worn then, and our source of inner nourishment when we are feeling empty and weak. 

Recently I went through our home with a notebook and quickly wrote down all of the areas our physical home needed a bit of love. Maybe a room didn't feel cozy and welcoming, maybe there just needed a bit of spring cleaning to happen. I felt like our bedroom just needed some new fresh sheets. I found these Laura Ashely ones at Marshals and they worked to wonderfully with the quilt pillow my Mom bought me at an antique store and the quilt I've had forever at the end of the bed. 



It's a little bit of sunshine to wake up to and and fall asleep in at the end of a day. 

Purposefully inserting goodness and beauty into the moments of our days is an important goal in my life so that our living reflects the reality of the goodness we believe about God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment