Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Official

Today we got the news that we all knew already - that there would be no more school this year - that we would be finishing the year Distance Learning.

We all knew it - so I don't know why it was so hard for me.

In an email I wrote to parents:

Dear Families, 

Well now we know what we already knew. It's official and I'm officially sad. Really sad. 

When the announcement came out today it was of no surprise but it did hit me and somehow shocked me, and I wanted to reach out to your children. 

 I know that what they need is to dive into a great lesson, partner work, a group project... They need recess and a too loud lunch. They need to laugh together and to work together. They need a real read aloud where their eyes sparkle when I "Open the Magic" right in front of them. 

I can't give them that - but my heart is heavy for them and I'll do what I can. I will care as much as I can through the screen, during our meets, and in emails. 

They are the magic. The noise of the classroom, the learning moments, the friendships I am just the lucky one that gets to witness it all. 

Thank you for all that you are doing every day. I miss them oh so much. 

Tara 

And then I made a video talking to my class and telling them.

I truly am the luckiest teacher in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment