Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A Really Sweet Mother's Day Gift

I'll get to Mother's Day - it was my favorite - ever.

But to be honest this is hard. The distance learning. The distance teaching. The loooong days. They are not easy. And I know I can be one to make my life seem really pretty here on this blog. Yes, there are still tea cups and wonderful moments. Yes, we are still loving being h o m e. Yes, we are still reading our devotional and growing in our family faith more than ever in our lives. So yes, there is still lovely. But I don't want to paint a perfect picture. Because it is surely hard. Teaching, helping the girls, teaching.

So just as soon as I can I'll get to Mother's Day. But for now I HAVE to show you how my new 'home classroom'/desk/office looks because of a spectacular Mother's Day gift from my husband and two girls.

Oh I just love it!

This is the view f r o m my desk - and it's a good one (love that chapter book library). And I had to move those beautiful books and tea cup because of all of the google meets I'm doing from that space. So Scott and the girls made my new desk area so much more wonderful!

home work space blog sized

It all started the day before Mother's Day. (okay, well, I'm sure Scott and the girls started long before that!) But from what I could see, it started early on Saturday.

Scott had moved the desk, was measuring, sawing, cutting wood, measuring more. And he did let me see this new wall going up.

a

b

So you can tell by now that he built me a whole shiplap wall!!!!

c

I loved the thick, barn board look of it too!

d

e

f
1
And on Mother's Day I opened the clear shelves which Scott asked me where I wanted hung.

2

And all of those gold accents were gifts from the girls too.

3

You can see on the other side of the wall he used the extra shiplap to make me a little sign area and framed it in with wood. It's not decorated yet but I've got ideas for that little extra!

4

The sweetest little gold organizer from Erin Condren!

5

6

Right now I've decided to use the top shelf for my lifeplanner

7

Love my new Erin Condren desk accessories

8

And pens that make planning for school and in my own planner so special.

9

I keep my read aloud in here in anything I might need to grab quickly during a google meeting with a student.

10

New mildliners and pen cups.

11

Planning was never more fun!

12

13

14

15

16

Even a phone holder too!

17

18

Yes I adore my new space!

1

4 comments:

  1. This looks SO amazing, Tara! I'm excited for you. Scott did a wonderful job, and I hope this makes all the distance-learning slightly less exhausting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Tara.
    So perfectly you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A shiplap wall...I love it! They all put so much thought into this area. It's so you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Looks awesome! Your husband and girls did a great job.
    Love it all.
    Looks like your Distance teaching is going well.??

    Have a great Friday.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete