Monday, May 4, 2020

Forget-Me-Nots

6

Lately, Abigail and I have been really loving flower gardening. I've always loved it but never the right time to let some things go and really wrap my heart and mind around it.

But this season that we're in I've found such loveliness and peace working in the yard - even the messy, early spring New England yard.

I'm constantly talking about it to anyone that will listen in this house - all my gardening ideas swarming around my head.

I'm reading a few lovely garden books - and of course online, looking up what we already have growing and what we can do to replant, enhance, and on and on.

They are wonderful thoughts, really. Lovely to occupy my mind (when it's not filled with teaching) with flowers and what we could do this summer and in the years beyond.

I've actually been quite proud of myself that I'm not 'wanting it all pretty, right now'. I know that gardening takes years, even a lifetime. I know that there are days and weeks, really, of 'yard clean up'. And it's surprising that I've actually been enjoying that. Raking leaves, cutting dead branches, bagging it up. Such satisfaction.

Sometimes right in the middle of my lunch when I break from school for a bit, I take my afternoon cup of tea outside and look at just the little bit of prettiness we already have. Today it was Forget-Me-Nots

5

And I love that Abigail has been loving it right along with me. Every day we stop whatever school we are still doing - we change - and we get outside.

Yesterday it was so warm and so sunny - today was really windy and so cold. But that's spring. I like all different weather.

4

We decided to transplant some of our overgrown Forget-Me-Nots to mingle with the hosta in Abigail's garden she named "Happy Hill"

3

We are hoping it likes this new spot and next year it might look like this among the hosta.

2

I trimmed this lilac bush - now really tall like a tree

1

It's hard to imagine that this lilac was so little when we first moved here. It was given to my by a girls Bible study group I had here years before motherhood. I never thought it would grow so tall.

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable ~ if anything is excellent or praiseworthy ~ think on these things." Philippians 4:8 


No comments:

Post a Comment