Monday, December 30, 2019

The Most Beautiful Christmas Eve

eve 8

It's 11:38 on Christmas Eve -- early for Scott and I, really. We've had much later Christmas Eve nights in years past.

I know I won't post this until days and days after Christmas Eve when I get a chance to look through the pictures I took and get everything all organized, but I just don't want to forget...

the dress on Abigail at 5:30 Mass

eve 3

her singing there





sitting next to Anna in the pew as the music swelled up and I remember when she was just a baby and I cried tears as I held her because finally we were a family that first Christmas. I told her that story again as we sat and listened to music tonight

eve 1

eve 2

listening to Abigail singing on the alter

eve 4

eve 5

eve 6

coming home and having simple snacks before bedtime

eve 7

eve 9

eve 10

eve 11

"Star light, Star Bright ~ First Star I see tonight ~ Wish I may, wish I might, ~ have this wish I wish tonight." 

eve 12

when the doorbell rang and how there was a letter from Santa

eve 14

eve 15

eve 16

and how the girls sat so still as I read the letter aloud to them slowly.

eve 17

how I had no idea the emotion that would take me over when I read the words, "and this will be my last letter to you. Perhaps one day I will write to your children" I sobbed.

Something in those lines -- it's more than I can explain on this blog, and in this space -- but it was a beautiful moment for me, like my whole childhood, and the childhood of my daughters hit me in one moment

eve 18

setting up and getting everything just so

these moments, these that I cherish so, I could never ever forget them.

eve 13

Yes, it was a most beautiful Christmas Eve...

"Backward, turn backward, O Time in your flights; Make me a child again just for tonight." ❤ Elizabeth Akers Allen 




3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family. I found your blog by accident and so happy I did.....I love it!! Is there anywhere I can sign up for it via e mail? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After 30 minutes or so, wash the oil from your hair with shampoo (you may need to do it twice) for shiny, soft strands.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choose the best broker for your needs. There are two kinds of brokers, the first being a traditional or 'full service' broker. satta king

    ReplyDelete