Monday, April 22, 2019

Our Easter Home

But first music!

Each year I do a few different things - mostly based on what I notice around me - it's not planned out - it just sort of happens

I move a vase there, a basket here, "oh wait... I have some eggs that would work in there" and that's how it all happens!

13

Found these sweet little dishes and had to have them - so I picked them up and home with me they went!

14

15

I like to mix a bit of 'new' in with some old. A vintage Beatrix Potter book adds just the soft touch it needed

16

I'm having so much fun 'playing house' on our screened in porch! Although it's spring here in Connecticut - it's a typical spring - a few warm days - a few sunny days - lots of rainy days - and plenty of cool days still

So if we do get to go out in enjoy our porch it's with a blanket and the little 'fireplace' heater

1

2

3

4

5

Always a book adds such a sweet touch to me and I love this Susan Branch book 'Vineyard Seasons' - I would sure love to be on the Vineyard today!

7

8

Even if we can't be outside because the day is too chilly, it looks so pretty from the family room. I love to have it all decorated anyway, reminding me of warmer days ahead

9

Oh this table - searched high and low for a old table with spindle chairs and we found it! Delicate and sweet, all painted, so romantic for summer evenings {under the twinkle lights}, don't ya think?

10

The sides fold down if we want more room there, but we like it just as it is - it's what I always pictured the space to have

11

12

13

14

15

The ceiling is painted blue, to look light and airy {and dreamy}

16

17

18

Here's the view from my kitchen sink - I was really worried about how my view would change (in a post back here) but it all turned out so lovely

19

In the living room {also known as the viola room} {also known as Noel's room } a few touches of spring here and there

20

'April showers bring May flowers'

21

22

23

24

25

26

I went with lots of spring-y green in here

27

And there's out little Easter 'chick' all yellow and fluffy - he's shy for the camera

28

In the family room I use a lot of yellow and light blue in the spring and summer (pulling from the water color of the girls)

29

30

31

32

33

34

36

37

Every day when I head out to run I see new life and run back in to take a picture - it's as if I'm surprised by all the spring - I have to capture it like it'll never happen again - although I know next April it'll be all blooms all over again

38

39

Oh, and one last sweetness from Abigail's room - she set up a little egg decorating party for her dolls - be still my heart!

5


1 comment:

  1. So absolutely perfect!
    I adore your new space!!!!!!!!!
    It is TARA. Lovely, cozy, classy, charming!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete