Monday, June 11, 2018

The Get Well Basket

Ever since my girls were little, when they had colds (that often led to a fever for a day or two) I made a little basket with all of the essentials.

Instead of carrying around their water, the tissues, the thermometer (and trying to balance all of that) I always made up a little basket.

12

I think I was motivated because as they moved from one room to another if they were home sick I wanted them to have everything they needed (tissues) and everything their mama need (thermometer) to care for them.

The bonus is a place to quickly dispose of the one tissue per 3 seconds that I picked up off the floor.

It great when you're on the couch.

1

Watching Beauty and the Beast.

2

It's right there when it's time to lay down and listen to Noel chirping.

3

It travels with us when it's chicken noodle soup time.

4

Or just relaxing after a long nap in bed.

5

Here's what I keep in their basket:

*** not pictured is the following:  aquaphor (for dry lips and for red noses that start to crack and even bleed)

*** also not pictured is non-alcohol, foam hand sanitizer for after each tissue.  (although good ol soap and water is the best, sometimes it's just too hard to get to a sink ... especially if they're washing their hands every 5 minutes)

Just trust me the aquaphor and the hand sanitizer is in there.

A full box of tissues.

6

and I use an empty box for done tissues.

7

Her current book is tucked in the side.

8

of course

9

Ice cold thermos of water.

10

My Doterra oils. (I use peppermint to make her more comfortable - it has such a wonderful cooling effect when you roll it on the back of your neck) (I have my own 'healthy blend' of Doterra's On Guard and Oregano) (And my own blend of calming lavender and lemon)

Mothering when they are sick has always come so naturally to me. I love caring for them when they physically need me the most. Even if it's just a fever and a cold.

12

4 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea, Tara! Sick days don't sound so bad with this basket. :)

    Madison | Breakfast at Madison’s

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea. I am going to try this next time someone is sick here...which I pray is not anytime soon.
    Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the BEST idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! And you had me laughing at the sanitizer close by. I have a bottle of sanitizer strategically placed in most rooms during an illness. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete