Wednesday, February 7, 2018

It's A Snow Day

It's 5 am here.  I have tea.  The girls and Scott are under the covers asleep still.  Even Noel is in his 'sleepover cage' in Abigail's room.  His April Cornell table cloth is over his cage so he's dark and cozy in there.  No chirping. There are no cars driving.  It's still and quiet.  There is no school.

~Nature waves her magic wand and the world turns white~

The sky is bright and there is not a flake coming from the sky.  Nothing looks like no school.  It just sounds like no school in my house, in this neighborhood.  So quiet.

1

I read this, one of my favorite Scriptures this morning

In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord, in the morning I prepare a prayer for You to watch and wait (for You to speak to my heart)
But as for me, I will enter Your house through the abundance of Your steadfast love and mercy; I will worship toward and at Your holy temple in reverent fear and awe of You.
Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness because of my enemies; make Your way level (straight and right) before my face.
But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful I You and be in high spirits.
For you, Lord, will bless the righteous as with a shield You will surround him with goodwill (pleasure and favor)

Psalm 5: 3,7,8,9,11,12

Oh how I love those words.  I hold them as mine.  Those words sum up why I rise early; why I need my time with Him before all else.

~Home, where the tea kettle sings from happiness~

There a bits and pieces of Valentine's Day in my home right now.  Not all of it, (I can get to all of it today... no better way to spend a snow day) but enough to make me happy. 

4

I'm hoping that my heart wreath on the front door gets a dusting of snow on it during the snow coming today... because it's prettier, don't you think?

(2016)
17 collage

~Will you be my Valentine~

(2016)
37

Yesterday I had recess duty.  It was 31 degrees.  Felt like -2 to me.  I had a huge, down to my ankles down coat, hat, scarf, ear muffs, hood, bear paw boots and I still froze.  Today is the opposite.  Pajamas, a bathrobe, hot tea and slippers.  I'm so glad I get to do both.

It sure has been a ***cold*** winter so far.  This is our third snow day and we've had 2 late openings.  I hope there are more for this winter girl.

Guess what?  It started snowing just now.  The sky is getting darker.  And after snow, ice is on it's way.  Yeah!  (I do feel bad for the people who have to drive in it, I do) Being a school teacher is the absolute best.  Snow days and June, July, and August!

I just heard Abigail (her bedroom is directly above my desk)  Her feet hit the floor.  She's taken the April Cornell off Noel's cage and is talking to him.  Click, the door opens.  She's wondering why no one woke her up for school. And she is about to hear the very best news.... snow day!

2


She said, "but there's no snow"  "But it's coming I told her.  ~~ She has Noel up and is singing a snow day song to him.  Soon there will be pancakes flipping and the sound of bacon sizzling.  I should go from pajamas to workout clothes but it's a snow day and the attire is long flannel nightgowns and pajamas.  (clean ones and fresh out of the shower of course)

There is a list of things that I must get to today for school.  I like the planning.  I love the decorating room 124.  I love when it's all matching and cheerful.  I don't like the forms (my mid-year data collection for example).  They are due next week so I should (with principal/husband) by my side start to fill them out, or at least start to look at them.  (lately school help to me has had to be our love language)  But not before celebrating a snow day with the yummiest breakfast in the world.  I think muffins too!

Right now I hear Noel chirping; he must be really happy it's a snow day too.  Abigail just moved him from his 'sleepover cage' to his 'Christmas cage' .  I think we'll put it up to the big picture window so he can see the snow.  I have to believe that Santa would give us a romantic, winter loving, snow day hoping, happy bird.

3

So off I go!  With this whole day ahead of me.  A snow days feels like it will last forever.  But I know this is true

~Time is such a funny thing; one minute it's forever & the next, it's gone~


2 comments:

  1. This post is so very dreamy..love the early morning pictures and the snow! I love the last picture of Abigail and Noel.
    I hope you had a wonderful snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I've missed your posts!! I bet the entire day was perfection for your whole family. Hoping you get another snow day tomorrow, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete