Tuesday, February 20, 2018

60 and 70 Degrees

5

On Sunday we went sledding after over 8 inches of snow.  It was wonderful.  Joined our young neighbors and their two year old.  Abigail showed her just how much winter is.

1

2

3

Cutest little girl ever!

6

7

8

9

10

And today (in February) (in New England) all of my windows are open.  The curtains are blowing and the house is airing out.

I'm a winter girl to be certain.  I don't like overly hot.  I don't do sticky.  And humidity is the worst.  Winter has none of that.  It has cozy and early dark nights.  Winter calls me to bake and all of us to be around the table together.

But this spring-like day has my heart as well.  Although I know it won't stay and we won't see 60 and 70 until May, it's so pretty outside.  The sun is warm on my face and the girls ran barefoot through the grass and down the sidewalk.

Such crazy weather actually.  Sledding Sunday, windows open today.  I had to switch my regular mug of tea for Peter Rabbit and Spring Tea.  Just for today.  (and maybe tomorrow too)

19

2 comments:

  1. Our weather has been up and down too - today snow in Portland Oregon...with rhododendrons blooming in the garden! Loved visitng here today - such fun photos!

    ReplyDelete