Sunday, January 18, 2015

Our House ~ January

39

Each month is like a clean slate to me.  And January is all about cozy in our home.  Is it boring to peek inside?  Because after all we all like different things surrounding us in our homes.   I thought about not putting these pictures here but then decided that my girls might like to see what their house looked like ~ how their mother decorated "back then".  So here we gooooo.... do you want some music?

1

Books of winter fill our family room.

2

3

And a few movies for this time of year too.

36

I decided to keep out the "Christmas in the Forest" for the whole winter because it's cozy.

21

I added some snow books...

22

And twinkle lights for at night.

23

And guess what? The birds...

20

... love the birds!

19

Where to start?

38

37

Mini half bathroom

4

6

5

24

In the dining room... I keep my phone right here next to my weekly planner.

35

16

17

Right above my tea cart is this amazing winter scene (with a bird... love) that my Dad painted

18

15

30

KITCHEN!!! My favorite room! With all it's cozy touches.

7

8

I love when snow sticks to the window!

9

10

And my friend Billie Jo inspired this! I've always wanted a seasonal tree from my very first ever visit to her blog. But I couldn't seem to make it work. So I created a seasonal windowsill instead.

28

But as we were packing away Christmas it dawned on me to just leave the kitchen tree up, change the ribbons, add snowflakes... and I was in Heaven I tell you... oh so happy when it sparlkles at night!

11

12

13

14

Teapots say cozy to me!

27

31

And my mug of choice these days. Do you know Emma Bridgewater? All hand painted... in England... isn't it romantic?

32

And gosh darn... she makes all these lovely seasonal ones.

32

I wish you could see the inside. She paints the inside too! At the very top is a night winter, snowy sky with bare trees, and cute owls and birds flying.

33

34

I learned this from my first "real life" visit to Billie Jo's house. Nothing says cozy more than blankets... everywhere!

25

Anna eats breakfast before school each morning with this wrapped around her. She likes all the lights off except for the snowflake tree and the windowsill birds.

26

Entry way

29

And the top of the stairs

40

Some seasonal jewlery out so they remember to wear them!

44

45

Books "on tape"

41

42

43

And a snowman notepad

46

It's all the little touches that I love to do. All the little things that make a house a home. And I'm overjoyed to do it!





4 comments:

  1. I love seeing pictures of your home. Everything looks perfect and so cozy, your girls are so lucky to have such an amazing mom. You love on them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I could scroll and scroll and scroll all night.
    I love your January home. Love it.
    I adore every. Single. Touch!!!!
    The tree!!! Yay!!!
    And the books?!?! Snowmen at Night. : )
    And there is something about those soft blankets, right?
    Thank you for allowing me to visit.
    Perhaps someday...it will be for for real.
    Have a wonderful week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love getting to see inside you beautiful home. MIT is so cozy and filled with love.
    Hope you are having a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara everything looks absolutely lovely! I love all the decorations, but the snowman nightlight really caught my eye! Adorable, I love snowmen! Hope you have a wonderful week! Always a joy to visit you.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete