Saturday, January 3, 2015

Christmas Morning ~ part 2 ~

35

I take a lot of pictures on Christmas Morning.  It is the happiest morning of the year... the whole year.  For me it feels like the whole world has stopped and it is just my little family.

I take too many pictures mostly because I love their faces.

And the fact that although they are big girls and I sure don't have any toddlers in my house anymore... they are still little.  There is a time when I will look back at the Christmas of 2014 and say to Scott, "wow... look at how little they were..."

So I snap away capturing as much as the joy, the sparkling eyes, the small toes, the delight, the love as I can.  All morning long.

So here it is... part two...

(part one was here... we break after the "big gift" and stockings for breakfast)

5

6

7

8cp;;age

And we sip on Holiday tea all morning long.

9

And then back to the presents. But really I mean to say back to the faces... those Christmas Morning faces.

1

And watching the way one sister leans in and is so happy that her mei mei (Chinese for little sister) got just what she asked for.

2

Oh, and there is the way the little sister is 'beside herself' with joy that her big sister got just what she waned too. I think I took this one more for Abigail in the background.

3

An old fashioned Christmas for sure... the click clacking of an old typewriter is music to my ears.

4

Scott and I don't buy presents for each other (I explained it back here) so this was a total surprise. I spotted something shiny and golden far away in our family room while I was watching the girls open the living room. "What is that?" I said to my darling husband.

10

11

Little girls beside their mama.

12

13

14

I love how we are in each others air all Christmas morning.

15

16

17

A couple of un~old fashioned toys made it into our house that morning.

18

Back to those grand faces.

19

20

One of my favorite images that morning

21

22

24

25

26

27

28

That's a lot of joy for some magna tiles

29

30

31

32

33

34

35

36

I don't know how he did it but there was a note in this book from Santa telling Anna that her pen pal Riley got the same book too.

She was enchanted!

37

And this gift... Santa knows I don't like anything from a movie on Christmas morning so I'm not quite sure why he did this but maybe he knew there would be a face like this all lit up

38

Or this

40

I think it was because they were together in one box marked for sisters to open. And I do believe it was not what they expected!

41

42

"A sister is worth a thousand friends" on a plaque for Anna

43

44

45

Anna made me two amazing ornaments with my friend from our Christmas card. So pretty!

46

47

We lingered a loooong time opening very slowly alllll morning. And then later in the afternoon we head to my parents for Christmas dinner.

It is always wonderful to be a child... but never more wonderful than Christmas.

I could live for a year on the screams, the giggles, the joy from Christmas morning.  Actually, I do!

3 comments:

  1. Yes. Just yes.
    Tara...your photos have a way of bringing me right in...
    I felt as if I were there!
    And what a magical morning it was!!!!
    Loved it all...
    My fave? Abigail's sisterly joy!
    And Sneaky Squirrel is super sweet.
    Memories made and tucked away, my dear friend. : )
    Merry Christmas...one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your beautiful photos of your sweet girls. You capture the pure joy and excitement in your pictures.. Love the ornament Anna made for you and your tea cart how fun!
    If we make our trip back east this summer I would love to have you take family pictures of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those christmas faces too! and "in eachothers air..." love the quote and the feeling!
    we try to slooooow it down too. it was (little harder this year with 12 people there...but we tried!;))
    have a happy day tara

    ps
    cryin a bit over my christmas pics...took my 50 off and the pics are terrible! why is "set the camera right" not at the top of my christmas morning list?!?!?!?!:(

    ReplyDelete