Sunday, March 10, 2024

Celebrating Friendship

My friend turned fifty today. 


I met her at church way back in 2002 or 2003. They always sat in front of us and they had a little toddler with the most beautiful curly hair. When we brought Anna home at 14 months old we quickly became friends. All of us. 



I remember the first time she invited me over to her house when Anna was little to play with her daughter. She had baked chocolate chip cookies after preparing lunch for all of us. I was in awe. Over the years she has seamlessly hosted us for dinners - I couldn't even begin to count how many. She never complains (even while undergoing chemo for cancer) and has just a giving, positive spirit.

She is the godmother of Abigail and kind of the godmother of Anna too. We are grateful for this family in our lives. And I am so blessed to call her my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment