Sunday, May 7, 2023

Confirmation Blessing

Thirty-two high school sophomores from our parish: Saint Patrick-Saint Anthony were blessed at the end of Mass last weekend as they are to be Confirmation Candidates coming soon. I felt a swell of pride and peace as my daughter walked up there on that alter to be blessed. 



It reminded me of this picture so many years ago. It was taken in December of 2014 when Abigail and Maddie were in the First Communion program and were blessed at Mass. Right after Mass was over I snapped this adorable picture of two second graders who filled our lives and hearts. 

 


And this one taken last weekend after Mass when they were blessed and about to receive their Confirmation. I said to two now high school sophomores -- oh please please could we reenact that photo from when you were little. And they did. Maddie put her arm around Abigail again, and Abigail leaned in. 




Words can not express the happiness I have for my girls that they have grown up in church and even more that they were surrounded their whole lives my like-minded friends who also yearned and grew toward strong ideals and faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment