Thursday, February 27, 2020

A Lotta Data

I've had a whole lot of data to get through lately. {for teaching} And sometimes it weighs me down. Don't get me wrong. Data gives information. But sometimes within the process of making charts and tables and writing up my midyear data plan - sometimes I feel weepy. Because it's all too much. I just want to teach. And teach well. And anything extra added on sometimes makes me want to cry a puddle of tears.

But I pick myself up and dust myself off and do what I can to make myself balanced again. I make one little corner of the house cozy. I move a vase here or a teacup there. Sometimes I bake or I read a magazine. Honestly, there's been so much data lately that I just might have to do all of that to pull myself outta this number crunching slump I'm in. Or maybe I'll bake something tonight or read a picture book first thing when the bell rings tomorrow. Books can fix anything.

What do you do when you're overwhelmed with your 'job'?

No comments:

Post a Comment