Tuesday, February 5, 2019

The Rest of December - and lots of pictures of cakes!

rest 4

Let's just categorize this into 'the rest of December' because I'm starting to mix this all up and I'm really longing to blog closer to when things happen because:

When I'm realllly behind on my blogging I tend to not take any pictures of everyday moments. And I just don't like that. I've honestly gone weeks without picking up my big camera with all the lenses and I haven't even bothered to take a bunch with my phone! When I'm up on my blogging then I'm more motivated to capture life. So here's to being {mostly} caught up as I throw the rest of December right here on this post!

New Years ~ We celebrated the New Year sleeping {aren't we so exciting} Yes, I was almost asleep at midnight!  Although Scott was holding me as I was falling asleep and I could hear the faint booms of fireworks from our nearby city.  That was good enough for me.

But really, we did celebrate with a yummy dinner and a cake I ordered from what we call the "Abigail Bakery"  It's soy free, peanut free, tree nut free, dairy free, gluten free.  And it's so so good!  Look how pretty!

rest 1

Our house was undecorated the day before so an elaborate cake for our little family of 4 is necessary to brighten things up! I brought it in the family room and we cut into it as we played a bunch of board games in front of the fire.

rest 2

And then I turned 46.

Scott cooked one of my favorites.

rest 5

rest 8

And my parents came over for cake. Another allergy free beauty!

rest 6

From the time I was a teenager I knew I wanted "Happy Birthday Mommy" on my cakes - I'll never take it for grated... mommy on my cakes!

rest 7

And look at what a pretty job they did decorating it!

rest 9

I was spoiled with lovely presents from my parents

rest 10

and my lovely daughters too.

rest 11

rest 12

rest 13

rest 14

rest 15

rest 16

I think I might be almost caught up... now to dust off that camera and capture what is happening around me.

I can't believe that I did it! I blogged all of the wonder and magic of the Christmas season ... all the way from Thanksgiving to New Years Eve! Phew... I'm quite proud of myself!




2 comments:

  1. Well Happy Belated Birthday. Your Birthday dinner looks delicious and I love your simple New Years because it's basically what we did as well! It's always nice to know there are other homebodies out there ;) I'm so happy you are back to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday my beautiful friend! I absolutely love your birthday and New Years cake! I love seeing the joy on the girls faces as you open your gifts from them.

    ReplyDelete