Friday, February 22, 2019

On Helping Your Sister

0A6A4517

I remember when Abigail was 4 and it was time to start thinking about her starting an instrument - it was a 'no brainer' for me because I thought of my schedule. She would play the viola just like Anna so that their lessons could be back to back. There was no way I was going to have her with a different teacher (like Cello, for example) because that would be a different teacher, different day, different schedule. The group classes and even some concerts would be on a different schedule. And long before I went back to the classroom I was all about keeping our family calendar as open as possible for more time at home, more time for them to play, more time.

And so Abigail would play the viola too.

I never thought back then how very helpful it is to have 2 violist in the house and Anna able to help Abigail.

This is learning how to 'sift' which is a very difficult skill needed to play the pieces that Abigail is playing now.

I love that Anna jumped right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment