Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Our Favorite Place to Be is Together

Have you seen that on a sign?  I love that!  That was our April break.  We didn't go away and it was marvelous.  I used to love to go away for a few nights on April vacation week.  Now that I'm back to the classroom I love to stay home and nest.  And be just with the four of us.  And that's just what we did.  I don't have photos from our week home.  But I want to remember the sweet mixture of getting things done, relaxing, all while being all together.

abigail 1

a quiet morning house
the girls catching up on sleep
no activities
fun dinners while watching movies
reading (how I've loved seeing my girls reading all the time this week because they weren't in their activities and too much homework)
catching up on my memories on this blog
passport photos and mailing away those passports for a trip this summer
shopping and eating out
laughing around our kitchen table
redoing our living room
cleaning out the girls drawers
shopping on line
immersing myself in God's Word for longer than a school day allows me
walking through a favorite antique store
finding Abigail's elementary graduation dress
talking late into the night
no agenda
enjoying the good weather
tea, lots of extra time for extra tea
working out
resting
thinking, daydreaming
all four of us being together even just at Whole Foods shopping for fun ingredients and snacks



It was a wonderful slow week.

On Sunday night Abigail prayed "Dear God, I thank you that you will fill our hearts with good things so that we don't miss each other too much."

She whispered in the dark all cozy in her bed, "I'm gonna miss you."

"Me too, me too".











No comments:

Post a Comment