Monday, April 23, 2018

Currently Reading

Well the last time I blogged was Tuesday.  School started up again and after April vacation week off it sure was hard getting back into the swing of things.  Up at 4:30 and asleep by 10:30 is one looooong, hard working, happy, exhausting, exhilarating day.  And by Friday when I got home I felt like I wasn't going to live.

But I miss putting up a few photos her and there.  And so this week I'm going to try.  Let's start with books.  Because books make me happy.  Here's what I'm currently reading and what's to come soon.

1

Let me start by telling you about this one.

2

Such a good mommy/parenting book. No guilt, just good ideas for being the best you can be. What kids need. My favorite chapters so far are:

Kids need their Mom to never stop touching them

Kids need their Mom to pray with the Door Wide Open

Kids need their Mom to Turn their Beds Down at Night

Kids need their Mom to Talk to them Like They're Fascinating

Kids need their Mom to keep a Family Blog

Kids need their Mom to Be a Passionate, Alive, Spiritual Lover of God

Kids need their Mom to Make a Big Deal out of God

(maybe I love that particular chapter because it feels like out of 40 chapters that's the one I already do... that & turn their beds down at night)

"in our home I want it to feel normal to be prayed for. To have spiritual conversations. To begin every meal with a grateful prayer. In our house church trumps most everything. ... We learned to never take a vacation from God. If we're out of town we're tracking down a place where God is worshiped, the Bible is believed, and the family of God gets together."

And then there's THIS book... a novel based on the thoughts and life of Laura's mother... Caroline. I read it twice already since I got it for Christmas from my parents.

3

Oh to understand the Little House 'story' from Ma's point of view. Beyond lovely.

Books bring such comfort to me. I love them with all my heart. A collector of Children's chapter book and vintage children's books we are full to overflowing with books in our house. And to me books {and the people who read them} are part of what makes a house a home.









1 comment: