Thursday, April 5, 2018

One More Wake Up

We are two days away from April break.  It's been a dozy of a week.  I hate the word but I can't lie.  It's been busy.  Like crazy busy.  The girls are in viola full time all year, Abigail has Irish dance, Inter Elementary orchestra and just this spring she did the science fair.

Last night I was mad at the science fair for stealing a crazy night and making it crazier.  "run to the car Abigail!"  actually came out of my mouth to get her to her private viola lesson as she ran out of the science fair she actually won!

I was tired, bone tired for holding the week together.  Teaching is marvelous but please, go buy your child's teacher a bouquet of spring gorgeousness and tell her you think she's amazing.  I'm going to save my 'elementary school teachers are amazing' post for another day when I'm not so tired from being one.

Sometimes I feel weary from my life.  I wonder about the choices we've made.  We live in this amazing town, with so so much to offer.  But there are times I'm tired from doing all this town has to offer.

This week Scott and I couldn't even begin to talk about the upcoming vacation week.  We lived one hour at a time.  And have {almost} made it to the end.

Just one more wake up!

I know it's not God's best for me but sometimes I drift; back to memories of being a stay at home like I was for 13 years.  Back to the comfort.  Back to the peace.  Back to the control.  I had everything under control.  I managed our little home like clockwork.  Now I have no choice but to hand the reigns to God and let Him guide us.  I can't do it all like I did "before".

And when I am sad that I'm not still 'there' I feel a nudge from the Holy Spirit telling me that I'm in the right place.  That the energy and peace I find in room 124 of my school is not one 'where' I'm supposed to be for me, but for all four of us. 

My feelings shift when I allow myself to feel God in a moment like that.  How very blessed I am.  How I adore my school.  How planning lessons, and teaching, and (I can't deny it) decorating my classroom brings me joy abundant.  I am so blessed. 

I have stars in my eyes about this nothing on the calendar week.  If someone calls me with an idea, I've already decided it's "no thank you".  The four of us just need to be.  Just need to be together. 

I started a little list of things I'd like to get to as our vacation week goes on.  Little things like a closet here or there.  Bigger things like our living room ... hoping for shaking things up a bit in there.  My house ideas give me energy to do .... just. one. more. wake. up. 




1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. It can be rough, especially juggling everything you do. Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete