Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Fun on the Fourth

There is just something about us being together that makes my heart sing. 

And although the Christmas season wins as my favorite part of the year. Oh goodness from November 1st through December 31st is full of magic and snow and carols and church and holiness and advent and presents and twinkle lights and getting dark early... there is just never enough of November 1-December 31st

but

this sure is good too! 

Because the days are long and we are together and I soak up every moment with my girlies. 

So on this simple day in our home there was joy in my heart (and in my smile) and we sure feast! 


We feasted on blueberry pie -- oh how I love to make a pie crust, pie filling, and watch it all come together like magic. 


Nothing prettier 💞


and I love to use my old-fashioned baking center



and when it comes out of the oven and sits on the pie cooling window -- life feels devine. 


I also made a tomato-basil pie -- and I will be making that again because it was a summery big hit in our family. 


And homemade focaccia bread so so good! 



This picture will have to be a post for another time because it was a big yard project that Scott worked on and finished the evening before the 4th! 


love my girlies oh so much 


The pie needed a bit of dressing up - now that's better ❤



We also feasted on campfire packets -- Scott was in charge of the main course and he did amazing! All individual pockets of cheesy, grilled, flavorful goodness! 


And that was it! A happy happy summer {feasting} day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment