Monday, June 6, 2022

Spring Cleaning

On that three day weekend (Memorial Day) I could hardly wait to pull up my sleeves and clean up a few things that have been bugging me at home. The first project was the baking center.   If we ever had to move I would pick up this 1920's antique and bring it with me. I love it so much. 

But between autumn apple pies, Christmas tea cakes, and winter muffins, things got a little muddled in there. So it needed a big 'spring cleaning'. Now every time I walk by I smile. And every moment I look forward to a bit of free time to bake. 

This baking center holds all of the ingredients I might need along with every baking accessory I use. It holds soooo much. But I think because I keep so much in there it's easy when I'm busy to put things back in not the right spot. 

I wish I took pictures of the inside of the drawers for you. All of my measuring cups and spoons are all lined up on tea towels; it's just so cute! 

When Scott built it he put in those little wooden counters. I oiled them up, I did and how they are all shiny. I keep my bread box there along with the mixer that is always plugged in and ready to go. The shelves below hold all of my baking sheets and muffin tins. 


This little vintage toy stove still works {although I wouldn't dare, it's so old} and I have a candle as a little pie that 'just came out of the oven'. 


And this toy stove I love so much too. Look at that turkey coming out of the oven! And those tiny pots and pans. 




I've been collecting vintage table linens ever since I got married. And this is my 'everyday' collection. {I keep fall and Christmas separate} They remind me of a good ol'fashioned picnic at my Grandma's house! 


Now that the baking center is all organized and happy, it's time to move on to my cookbooks and recipe binders next! 9 more days of school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment