Thursday, June 23, 2022

Home

This morning at breakfast the girls took their Summer Goals sheets they filled out last week...
(They write some goals each summer that focus on 'Honor God' and 'Honor Self')
(These include action steps they've come up with on how they would like to draw closer to God throughout the summer and action steps on honoring themselves like health and learning goals) 
They are very creative and intentional with their goals. This helps to give our open summer days some structure with lots and lots and lots of open time throughout. 

While they did this I took in a few 'scenes' and was pleased. I think that having a home to love and be in has always been one of my goals. It's so hard during the school year although I still make it a priority. It seems that I just don't have enough time to enjoy it during the school year. I work to make it cozy, happy, welcoming, pretty, and then I'm off to my classroom. The summer is a delight for sure as I get to be in our home more. 

I noticed our living room mantle and how I love the simplicity and elegance of it this summer. Two brass candlesticks and some antique vases with my Dad's watercolor of my darling girls as the seashore. 




I took these off this morning as we are well past the girls spring birthdays. (I've yet to blog those but will soon) I like to choose one mug and work off of the colors of that mug to add to it. The china Susan Branch birthday mug I chose for the happy colors and picked others that would coordinate. I loved the May/early June kitchen mug rack so much, but now it's time for others. 





This summer is going to be lovely. I can just tell. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment