Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Mother's Day

 Sweetest girls in the world that I get to mother... forever


Forever... that word has had some weight to it lately. I keep thinking that this was the last Mother's Day with Anna in childhood. 

Yes, of course, I don't magically think that she will graduate and be all grown up. Growing up and maturity takes a lifetime, and I will mother her, encourage her, teach her, guide her, mentor her forever. (that forever is a certain forever) 

But still. 

I thought back so much this year of the little ones they used to be with their cards and pride as they gave them to me. 

I am so grateful that I am still a mama in 'active mothering' with Abigail still at home next year. 
Grateful to still be doing laundry, mama.
Grateful to still check in with homework mama. 
Grateful to still make lunches mama. 
Grateful to still have to drive her mama. 
Grateful to still tell her it's time for a shower mama.
Grateful to cook mama.
Grateful to give nightly blessings and kisses at bedtime mama. 

I will hold on to being that 'active mama' for as long as I can.

Motherhood is such a precious gift. I do not take lightly what God has given me. After eight years of marriage... such a gift. 

And to Him, I am most grateful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment