Friday, November 6, 2020

Playing Something Lovely on This Day

Well what a week it has been. Lovely in my classroom. Lovely in my home. Not so lovely in the news. We are hoping for this to all be over soon {yes, all of his craziness to be over soon} and for Joe Biden to begin to make plans toward the White House in January. But goodness, it's not over until he put his hand on that Bible... I can't wait! 

I thought it would be lovely to put something so different on the blog of mine. Something musical. There is magic in music. 

Let me 'set the stage' for you {so to speak} 

In Anna's applications to colleges she is including some of her extraordinary viola playing. We decided to record her on the stage in Scott's school. Lights on, concert attire, empty audience. 

And so to take you minds off of the world right now, place yourself in a seat right here {turn up your volume} and listen to a seventeen year old and her viola. There is no background piano. No conductor. Just Anna and her strings. {and about 13 years of Suzuki training in her heart} 

If you'd like to leave a comment I'll be sure to pass it along to Anna. Just scroll down and click comment. It will say 'needs to be approved by the author' and I'll see it first in my email. Don't worry, I'll click yes and add it to the blog. 

In these videos the quality is so much better but the color was so off - I have to have them here to hear years from now...






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Anna!
    Yes for Biden!!!
    Have a blessed fall weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, BEAUTIFUL playing. I truly hope you take and keep your skill through college! You're very talented and you can tell you're playing with your whole soul and have a passion for music. Lots of times instrumental skills get pushed to the side and forgotten in college with so many new things (new classes, a new way of living, new friends with different interests, and eventually - boys?) Speaking from experience; I started violin when I was probably 4 years old and it got pushed to the side after my second year in college after having to choose gymnastics over instruments (they happened at the same time) I always wished I had done something to keep my musical skills. All the best for you and your future! What a good call at having a recording to capture this pivotal moment in time! :) I've enjoyed watching your family grow through this blog. I remember from Anna starting middle school and now she's almost off to college? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara. Anna's playing was beautiful...thank you for sharing with all of us! I have enjoyed watching Anna grow-up via your blog. She is such a sweet girl...from such a sweet family. I can't wait to find out where she ends up attending college!!!

    Also, thank you to you and your husband for being the kind of educators you both are in the times that we need. I too am in education (ESOL Teacher) and these are trying times. My district is fully remote, but the teachers and administrators I work with are doing amazing things this Fall. It's not perfect, but it's intentional and committed.

    P.S. We did it! We have a new President-elect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your hard work and dedication!

    ReplyDelete