Tuesday, March 5, 2019

A Cozy Home with Sweetness

Decorating my house brings me joy.

1

When Christmas was all put away and I had a brand new clean palate to decorate I wanted to create a 'sweetness'

2

In January and February God led me in my Bible time to scriptures on sweetness and was really working in my heart in those early morning hours on what that would mean in my life.

3

And so it felt natural to decorate with sweetness around my house.

4

Some of my favorite scriptures on sweetness ~

Proverbs 31:26 She opens her mouth in skillful and godly wisdom and on her mouth is the law of kindness.

Proverbs 31:12 An excellent woman... she comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her

Matthew 12:34 For out of the fullness (the overflow, the superabundance) of the heart the mouth speaks.

And some Bible times I actually look up words in the dictionary even though I know what they mean... because it gives me new insight.

Kindness in the dictionary is - kind, patient, not harsh or rough... so when I think about what comes out of my mouth, especially to my husband and daughters I need to think about not being harsh or rough. And that is where my Bible time needs to come in... because oh boy do I ever need God's grace and the help of the Holy Spirit with these verses and what kindness and sweetness means.

5

Little vignettes - little things that would make our home light and pretty and sweet

6

January and February is certainly filled with cold and dark - so warm and cozy inside is a must.

7

And tea, tea is must too.

8

9

10

I love the look of decorating with milk glass - you can do anything with it and usually I find it for a few dollars at a thrift shop.

11

This is my all time favorite cookbook - healthy and such variety - we love it!

12

Dark afternoons and cozy nights are my favorite this time of year.

13

1

2

3

I bought this for Anna on her Adoption Day last year - and I mean every single word - I hope it hangs in her home some day - for this Valentines Day she let me hang it in our family room.

4

5

Yes, I love these plates, one for each season by Currier & Ives - especially the pink morning winter sky - so New England

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

Hearts on the front door

13

and on the back door too to welcome us home.

14

yes, winter is sweet around here - just the way we love it!

2 comments:

  1. Tara.
    This is my favorite look you have shared.
    And you know I share your love of dark and cozy afternoons and evenings.
    Beautiful home. Beautiful hearts. Literally. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing peeks into your home brings me joy! I love it, always full of so much love and fun decor.

    ReplyDelete