Monday, July 17, 2023

A Home Tour ~ Summer Style

It's an old-fashioned, picnic, strawberry, Hannibal MO (did you ever see the old movie, Tom Sawyer, the musical), fourth of July kitchen this summer in our home.

Right after Christmas I knew that this summer I wanted a strawberry themed kitchen. And since we are traveling to Missouri this summer I added in a country and picnic theme as well. 

Well it sure is a cherry place to be in our home right now. Come on along for a tour:

I love this stack of 'blue onion' plates I found thrifting so much -- just the sight of them in a stack makes me happy! They are also the perfect size for a small treat or dessert or even tea time. 


That red polka dot tea pot is not vintage but I love it so much because Anna picked it out for me as a Christmas present from a very special Christmas shop we used to go to annually. It means so much because Anna looked at it and thought, "she'd like that". 💞

And of course you've got to have the Susan Branch cookbook on display in the summer -- I love the blue and white gingham on the cover. 


I added the red and white checked cafe curtains for a cheery July 4th look. And that blue and white plate added just the blue touch I needed. You know when I saw that ironstone strawberry mug sometime in the winter I snatched it up dreaming of my summer off, trip to Missouri, and picnics! 



I've been adding antique baskets hanging above the sink for a while now and I really think it works for every season. This time of year it reminds me of a picnic. 



Have you heard of Burleigh from England? The new pieces can be very expensive but I found these perfect for now for just a few dollars! That little strawberry pitcher is from Hogben Pottery. I want their whole collection -- they have an adorable collection of mugs, creamers, pitchers, bowls. 


Here is the other side of the counter. I remember being in an antique store in February when Abigail spotted the black tin with the strawberries painted on them. Perfect -- love it so much! 



A peek at our summer baking center. Corn on the cob ready for shucking for tonight's dinner! 


Strawberry summer pie and picnic are on top giving me the that homey cozy feel for summer! 

I also have up there the Susan Branch Fourth of July china mug -- so festive and happy! The tea pot was a thrift store find and I love the shape of it! (not pictured... since then I've found the creamer and sugar bowl!)


More strawberry goodness -- these are stamped Laura Ashley. 






Little mini ironstone creamers match any and all seasons! 


I;  added in this little vignette after our trip to Missouri -- filled with treasures I brought home. That chippy wooden holder I actually fit in our suitcase, and I filled it with a cookbook I found, jam and even honey sticks. Love this little area so much -- it reminds me to stop and enjoy the pleasures of summertime; to live in the day I am in and feel happy in it. 

Click HERE to see a real on Insta which is way more fun than a post. 





A little fun from the fourth of July. This antique mirror belonged to Scott's grandmother and I love those flags I brought from our trip. 



This is our living room right now -- although I don't have pictures of the mantle right now (I'll have to take them soon) I love the two violas hanging because it means that both of my girls are home. ❣



Right now on the kitchen table I have just a simple basket with a new cordless light I bought. I love the look of it when it's starting to get dark outside and the kitchen is 'closed' for the night -- all cleaned up from dinner and we are about to start our cozy evening at home together. 



Well, that's about it right now. I say, set the stage for a happy home life. Lots of times the feelings follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment