Monday, January 17, 2022

Sunday Scripture - Little Thoughts As I Enter the Week

 This week I've been pondering the scripture: 

Proverbs 12:35

Anxiety in a heart weighs it down; but an encouraging word make it glad. 

I want to be able to adapt and adjust and have a light heart. 

Not a light heart on Friday evening when it feels easier to have a light heart. 

Not a light heart on a snow day when all four of us are home and this little place we call home feel all right. 

I want a light heart that is not weighed down on a school day. On a day I have to be with people - lots of people - and lots of children -

Proverbs 13:12 

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire is fulfilled it is a tree of life. 

I have been pondering that when I let my heart be "sick" and "weighed down" I am not watching my heart. When I don't watch my heart and my thoughts the devil can speak to my thoughts and it can lead to discouragement. But everyday that I get my mind going in the right direction - every day what I take time to ponder and meditate (think about, roll over in my mind) God's Word, I can push back the enemy and they thoughts he plants. He knows my strongholds, my weaknesses. But when I recognize those thoughts that are not from God, and shut my mind to them, to get some encouraging word from the Bible, then I can have a 'tree of life.' 



No comments:

Post a Comment