Thursday, March 22, 2018

I Believe

I believe in happy endings (to books) (and to bedtime).

IMG_9757

I believe that bedtime stories create a place in the heart of a child for security. The words in the books don't matter as much as the time together just before drifting off to sleep.

I believe that the cuddly time spent can erase any kind of bad day and prepare a child for a peaceful night.

IMG_9756

I believe that the magic in childrens literature has the power to keep a child young in their imagination even as they grow older each day.

Yes, I believe in stories.

And even though I'm always in the middle of a book with my classroom, I always save some of my story telling for my home. Because I believe in the time spent.

(Snow and Rose was the book we were reading that night)

1 comment: