Monday, May 16, 2022

Listening to Music

Years and years ago before Abigail was born, toddler Anna and I were in a darling little mommy and me class called Kindermusik. She loved it. I loved it. We were together - singing, making music. 

I remember after a couple of years of Kindermusik, when Anna was ready to start kindergarten one of the Mom mentioned that her daughter was starting at the Hartt school of music. She was just five but was going to learn how to play the cello. 

Well, that intrigued me. I did my research, attended a few lessons so I could see what they were all about. I learned all about Suzuki - the philosophy. And I adored that the parent was part of the lesson. So we started. And yes, she was only five years old. 

When Abigail was a toddler once again I had the opportunity to do Kindermusik with her. Oh how I loved living those days again. Magical. 

She too started learning viola through the Suzuki method when she was five. 

It was all just yesterday, wasn't it? 

And here we are. Abigail is a freshman in high school.  

She plays in orchestras so grand it baffles me. I wonder how the years flew by on her strings. And I am grateful for afternoons like these. (we opted for just us and not grandparents as the Covid numbers are really high where we are right now) 

Listening to a concert is magical. It is relaxing and inspiring. It is one of my very favorite things to do. How lucky am I that it's spring and our calendar is packed with them!!! 

Here are just a few snippets from my phone: 


I think the concert might have been recorded but I just can't seem to find it right now, so my phone will have to do... 



We are blessed blessed blessed that Abigail is our own little violist. I can't wait to see where her music will take her! 

And can I just add in that we are all thrilled that our Anna is home with us!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment