Monday, December 18, 2023

♥A Christmas Home Tour ~ Our Family Room♥

I think it's time for a little tour around our home. It's Christmas time and I so love to decorate for this season. I start thinking about it in January. I jot notes here and there all year and look for little 'treasures' that will make our home comfy cozy for Christmas. 

I think that since I work full time (I'm a fourth grade classroom teacher) deciding to go 'all out' with decorating for Christmas is even more important to me. I really want our home to look and feel like when it was magical with two little girls. 

Well those girls are now 20 and 16 but I love the feel of our home and Christmas and I always want it this way. 

Being a very busy teacher I'll be going one little room at a time. If you'd like more of a quick view just hop on over to insta and you can see more there! 

On to our family room... 


This room is wonderful in the summer when the screen in porch is open and the outside feels like it's inside. 

This room is wonderful in the fall because it is filled with huge windows that go up in the ceiling and down to the floor. It overlooks the most beautiful fall tree.

But this room is magical at Christmas time.

I love it best when all four of us are in here - it is dark outside - and oh so cold outside so the fireplace feels just right. 

I love it when we are watching a Christmas movie and when we have a treat or tea or even dinner. 

It's not often enough (we are a TV on only on Friday and Saturday family ~ always have been). I think it makes it even more special when we are in here on weekend nights. 

This year I kept a few things the same (books, books, books - I didn't take picture of those) and I changed a few things too (Mary, Joseph & Jesus on the mantle) 

I love to post our home at Christmastime especially, so that when I go back I can picture the memories (and remember how I decorated) 


I decided to leave the couch off white (I changed it to bright white last Christmas) because I love this area rug in here and I thought the beige would match better. It also makes it more warm and cozy feelings. 


I wrote about this artificial tree back here and still adore it's shape, needles, everything! I keep it really simple with felt garland and candy canes. 



I collect antique Christmas books and love this pile on the coffee table so much. 


 



Glass bowl filled with sugared apples is a cozy and elegant look. 


Here are the manger statues I found at a thrift store - rescued them for a few dollars! The star is oh so pretty - I bought it in a bookstore on Nantucket last Christmas. 






Oh, and I do like to post little things on Instagram. I made a reel of the family room. Oh so fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment