Friday, December 29, 2023

Christmas Morning at Home

I love this morning with my whole heart. I wait for it all year long and we make it L - A - S - T as long as we possibly can. 

As soon as Abigail woke up that morning she brought blankets and pillows and make herself all cozy in Anna's room. 


Meanwhile Scott and I snuck downstairs to turn on lights, get the fireplaces going, and take some pictures. 




I love the glow of the tree, the reflection on the hard wood floors, and the brown paper packages tied up with satin ribbon. 


 






Once I've gotten all the pictures and glow I can, the girls come down and through that door, magic every year and it just doesn't matter how old they are. 












And then after they open stockings it's time to have our magical Christmas morning breakfast; a feast to celebrate the birth of Jesus. 

I loved the way the kitchen looked and felt that morning - all twinkly and cozy. 











Back to the living room and watching their faces all lit up with joy. 





We always open our family presents in the family room. (we save the living room for Santa)

I gave Abigail a bracelet from the show we saw this summer (Wicked) and I made her a photo book of our trip. (that post is back here


I gave Anna a special going away present (more on that to come in upcoming posts). 





There were sister gifts and lots and lots of hugs! 






Scott also gave Anna a special going away gift that brought tears to her eyes. 







The rest of our morning floated away and we cherished every moment together. 









No comments:

Post a Comment