Wednesday, December 13, 2023

College of the Holy Cross ~ Lessons and Carols

A very special night 

Anna plays in the Holy Cross orchestra and this year, her junior year, we brought my parents. We made it a special overnight in our favorite Inn, dinner out, their Christmas present. 

It couldn't have been a better night. 

Relaxing, 

Spiritual, 

Yummy, 

Holy, 

Loving, 

Christmas... 

Here is how it all happened: 

I raced out of school just as my class left and we left home at 3:45. We picked my parents up at the Inn by 5:00 and then enjoyed a wonderful Italian dinner at Volturno. 










We headed to the college in time to get to the church just the way I love it: quiet, beautiful, and the best seats! 







The music is so amazing I have tears in my eyes the entire time and it was such a precious gift to have my parents right there experiencing it with us. 

There were times when I turned and looked at Scott, wondering how we got so blessed to be Anna's parents. So much goodness in our hearts in those moments. We were grateful. 












Beaming proud of our little girl, the violist since she was five years old 💞 




All of those years ago when she put her bow on strings I had no idea that moments like this would come. God has used her playing, that viola, the teachers along the way, to raise our daughter and let music fill her soul like nothing else could. 

I am so glad that we get to experience it all now. Thank you Anna. 




Here is the recording of that amazing event: 


2022 is here (her sophomore year) 

Oh, and I do like to post little things on Instagram. {mostly just pictures from around our home} but if you want to see a little bit more of Lessons and Carols just click on my stories "Christmas" and there is more in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment