Friday, December 11, 2020

All Dressed Up For Christmas ~ part 2

All Dressed Up For Christmas ~ part 1 (kitchen) is back here in case you wanted to see... 

On to the Family Room. It all started this July/August as I was searching Christmas tree websites. I knew I wanted a new artificial tree in that room (we have a great, big, real one in our living room) and I wanted it to be unique, different, something with a memory. 

I knew exactly what I wanted... a tree to remind us of our trip to Cape Breton in Nova Scotia, Canada and Alaska. I fell in love with the trees there and so this summer we ordered one for our family room. It went up on November 1st and I love it so much!  

Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada...





Ketchikan, Alaska... 




I just love those trees and those two places I was so blessed to visit. 

Love this sweet baby Jesus. Right after I took this picture, our family packed him away, put the straw in a bowl and have been working at kind deeds to others in our home - putting in one straw at a time to make Jesus a soft bed by Christmas Eve. 


I love love love old books and these are some of my favorites: 

Home for Christmas, Lloyd C. Douglas, 1935

The Fireside Book of Christmas Stories, Edward Wagenknecht, 1945

Merry Christmas To You, Wilhelmina Harper, 1935

Christmas is Love, Joan Walsh Anglund






Once Upon Christmas, Dorothy Thompson, 1938



We decorated the tree with white felt garland with golden stars to match the Star of Bethlehem that is hanging on the wreath above the fireplace.  No ornaments, just simplicity. 

It is a simple, classic, light... I love this new room and can't wait for Christmas Day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment