Thursday, December 28, 2023

The Days Leading Up ~ and Christmas Eve Day

Our last day of school was Friday, December 22nd. I loved the way it worked out this year because that meant we weren't going straight into Christmas Eve -- there was a whole day in between. Perfect for all kinds of cookie baking! 

On Friday we had our weekly homemade pizza sauce and pizza breads and watched a movie -- all of us and it was the best! 

On Saturday we got up and cleaned our whole house top to bottom. It had been a very busy week and usually I have my little 'chores' I do each night and never have to clean the whole house. But the week had gotten away from me and it needed it to sparkle for Christmas! 

We all went to Confession at our neighborhood Catholic church and that was wonderful for all of us.


Then we celebrated our day by going out to dinner at a Chinese restaurant called Butterfly. So yummy, cozy, and relaxing. 


I got all of the the Christmas clothes out, ready, and ironed.  Such a bustling, happy, wonderful day! Oh and we also baked baked baked! 







On Sunday (Christmas Eve) morning Scott's family came over and we had such a lovely visit with bagels, fruit, and lots of present opening! I set the dining room table for us with a vintage table cloth and our Lenox Christmas china. 









I baked two pies that day also and the girls laughed and played games all afternoon until it was time to get ready for Mass. 



To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment