Sunday, August 25, 2024

You're In the Right Place ~part four

Anna is a senior at Holy Cross. A senior in college! We just got home from dropping her off and going through all. those. emotions. 

Yes, it is easier now that she is a senior. It could never be quite this difficult. Never. 

And it could never be as hard as waving goodbye to her on her way to China for over 5 months. Never. 

But my heart still really really misses her. It's too quiet at home. We didn't go on our 3 mile walk (I still have to post on that). We didn't get lost in time talking about a deep subject and just sharing our feelings. Summer is so good to us. I love being home with my girls. But so much Anna this summer because she had been gone in China for so long. So now it does just feel empty here. I know that I have too much to do. I'm a fourth grade teacher with a first day of school this week, eek! And I know that my heart will get used to Anna being in school and away from home again. We will find a 'new normal' again just like we've done every year. But it's the same feeling as this post back here. I suppose I will always miss them when they are away from me. 

One thing I know for sure is that Anna is 'in the right place. "You're in the right place, you're in the right place" was what I whispered into Anna's ear on that first goodbye as a squeezed her tight. I believed it even though first year tears were streaming down my face and wanted her to believe it too. She knows it now, believes it now. And that is everything.  

And today went well. She is all 'tucked in' in her cozy, adorable dorm room. I don't have pictures of it all set up. She really likes to do the decorating and all things like that over the first few days and she sends us videos to show us. I love those! 

But I do have lots of moving in pictures. So here we goooo... 





We met up with her adorable roommate Abby. (I've taken a picture every year with her new roommate - except of course when she was in China - sorry I missed meeting you Cass!) 


And then the real work began. We brought all of the bags in and started unpacking! 


Hunger set in so we all went out to lunch at a favorite Italian place in the city - 




then back to keep going! I love this one of Anna and that one last trip from the car. The grounds around her dorm are so pretty! 



Goodbyes... 



Hugs but not tears this time. 






And a quick prayer over my baby girl... 


And then we were off. Anna is in the right place, that I know for sure! Holy Cross... oh Holy Cross! 


No comments:

Post a Comment