Thursday, July 11, 2024

Quebec ~ a photo session

I know that it's something interesting about our family - well me, really. I book a photo session every summer when we travel. 

Here's what I love about it: 

  • We get to meet someone local and usually that means they give us the best 'inside' travel tips for the area
  • We focus on US for a part of a day - not on the travel. Sometimes trips are go go go because you just want to make sure that you don't miss anything. You want to 'see it all', or at least a lot of why you're there. But having a pause in our itinerary allows us to relax and remember the WHY we are there, us!  
  • We have precious photos of us. It's like a time stamp of us in that summer. I know that time goes by oh so fast. I look back at previous photo summer travel photo sessions and think, "they were so little" and I know that on that day they didn't seem little to me at all. 
  • I don't regret for one second one of our many family travel photo sessions. I am grateful for all of them. 
  • We are all set for our Christmas card family picture - not really the reason why we do this but it's a nice bonus
  • Scott and I both have updated family pictures for our classrooms / school office for the year - yeah! 
Here's what's tricky about a travel family photo session: 

  • We are not at home getting ready. It would be so much easier to have our clothes all ready at home; our hair products, extra make up, our shoes, etc. Traveling and bringing all of that certainly adds to the stress of packing. 
  • Getting ready in a hotel room (all us us) out of baggies, suitcases, and toiletries bags in ONE hotel bathroom makes it tricky for sure

But the pros outweigh the cons by a mile and I'm so grateful for all of these past photo sessions we've done. 


And this year: Quebec Canada 

















































No comments:

Post a Comment