Friday, August 12, 2022

A Sunrise Family Photoshoot in Whistler, BC

I am so excited to have these pictures. So excited! I haven't had any printed yet but I am walking around my home trying to decide where I might tuck them... so dreamy. 

On all of our summer vacations we try to have our pictures taken; especially when there is spectacular scenery -- and Whistler is certainly spectacular! 

Back HERE is the post on about this day. 

On to the photos! I love them all so so very much! 

We met our photographer at 6:15 AM. It was a tight morning because we had to leave our hotel room by 5:50AM -- all dressed up, all looking the best we could oh my oh my! But so worth it!

We beat the sunrise which was our main plan. There was light in the park but the sun hadn't peeked over the mountain yet. Justa took a bunch of us before the sunrise and boy where we cold! Anna was the only one with a sweater and she sure was lucky! But we huddled together and made it work knowing that once the sun peeked up we'd warm up! 



I really like this blueish light that the mountains and the sky were creating. 






At this point she was trying to get us in position for the sunrise knowing that she'd have about !!! three !!! minutes only to capture it. (no pressure!) 


So we waited and waited and waited and she captured us an captured us and captured us. 


Then just like that -- like magic -- that sun peeked up and it just about took our breath away. 
And I felt so blessed to see it - to see something that no visitors would see -- to be off the path -- to be in that space -- in that light -- at that lake -- with the mountains in front of us. All filled up to the brim with gratitude for this glorious planet and even more for my adventurous family and our bond. I kept thinking, "look what we did -- with sensory issues, clinical anxiety, trauma, digestive disease, anaphylactic allergies, contact allergies, clinical perfectionism, we still did it. We are seeing the world. Nothing will stop us!" 


Oh my stars in Heaven -- look at that sunrise! 







This one below might be my absolute favorite. 















Even after the sun was fully up I loved the light on the water, the green of the trees, and the new look she was capturing. 






This one below is so naturally my girls and such a happy natural smile on Anna I adore her so much! 



We walked on the sand for a bit. And even went in the water! 












We ended up back on the dock with the mountains in back of us. We were so relaxed and having so much fun we really didn't pay any attention to the camera. We were just us (except dressed up!) 






What a treasure these photos are to me. I adore them so very much. 
Anna's dress is from Boden,
Abigail's dress is from J Crew Factory,
My dress is from April Cornell, 
Scott's shirt is from J Crew Factory. (just in case you wanted to know)



No comments:

Post a Comment