Wednesday, July 13, 2022

College Friends

I think it's neat when you can stay in contact with people who knew you 'way back then'. 

I had two different groups of friends when I was a college student. One was my first group I met right away: Pam, Christine, Betsy. They all knew each other from high school but I fit right in, and we stayed friends all throughout our four years. Christine was even a bridesmaid in my wedding.  We still talk and text and pray for each other. 

The other group was my 'newman group'. They were a bigger group that we a part of the Catholic Campus Ministry. Although so many years have gone by and we are busy doing our lives, we still keep in touch. 

I love that these people know me. They know me well because some of us lived in the same dorm, we had many meals together, we spent time together. So whenever we get back together we are right where we left off. And those visits are a huge blessings. 

So this week when I was talking with a friend that lives in Florida she told me that she would be up visiting her family for a week, I was so excited to spend a bit of time with her. I don't always get to see her when she comes to Connecticut because she has an awesome, big family to visit but this time it worked out. 


I drove to her Mom's adorable new home and we sat, ate scones, and had tea. We could have talked all day but I am so grateful for the time I did get with my sweet friend Pam. I wrote about her way back here when I took some pictures of her. 


Thank you Pam for blessing my life way back then and even still today. I am grateful and so loved our visit. See you again next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment