Friday, December 11, 2020

Missing This ~ Christmas Getaway Weekend

Every year, for twenty-five years we have gong away one night for what we call "Christmas Getaway Weekend" {with the exception of when Anna was a baby and the year that Abigail was a baby} 

Although we thought it would be fine, we miss it more than we can even imagine. 

I thought for some reason that if I blogged about it that maybe it might make it easier. I am grateful for the memories - and the photos that remind me of all the loveliness. 

So this post is a look back. 

I just checked and saw that there are 14 posts on this blog labeled "Christmas Getaway Weekend". That makes me so happy. They live here, on these pages. 

There is the link to 2019 "A 1773 Christmas Getaway Weekend" 

Here is a link to a look back at all of them. Read this one because it tells all about how it came to be all those years ago... 

Here's 2018

2017 and here

2016 and here 

2015  and here and here 

2014 (This one tells the whole story of them too) 

2013

2012

2011

2010

I think one of the hardest parts of this Covid-19 is the break of traditions. Whatever for your family they are. Perhaps your Thanksgiving was just your immediate family. Maybe you can't do what you've done for your holiday season this year. We have put those traditions in place like an anchor for our families. And we miss them. 

And I will be the first to tell you that there have been many, many blessings in the midst of the 'cancelled' things. More time, more just us, a deeper Advent, time for poetry, readings, candles... I am grateful for that too. 

How wonderful it was to look back and see all of the years past. And remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment