Monday, December 21, 2020

Christmas Getaway ~ It Happened!!!

 I was so sad, we all were so sad that this year we wouldn't be able to give our family one very special gift... one we call Christmas Getaway. 

And although it didn't happen as it usually does, somehow Scott found a way to make it happen!!! I am still over the moon excited that this day was all ours, with the 'just what we needed' feeling it always has {even though we couldn't stay over in a pretty inn or eat inside wonderful restaurants} It still happened. 

Here's how: 

I told Scott the Inn I had chosen for this year (even though I knew we couldn't stay over) Little did I know that he started researching the town and surrounding area. He was able to find the most Christmassy, delightful, wonderful small town. And yes, it was 'just what we needed'. 

A day away. 

A day away from the to dos.

A day away from school. (homework for the girls, planning for me, emails for Scott).

He found the perfect town and before we left he teased me, "I found you a town that could be in a Hallmark movie". {Little did he know, it W A S... more on that coming in the pictures}

First we got ready the way we always do in our fun, holiday clothes. 






We drove to what is called the 'quiet corner of Connecticut'. 

Putnam, Connecticut has the most lovely little town main street you ever did see. I wish we could have seen it at night, all lit up. I love how they had snowflakes hung above the streets. 


The stores were calling us - it's amazing how something so simple as window shopping makes our hearts swoon these days. 

We went in an out of stores. All of the loveliest things to look at. We were enchanted. 







And when we got inside this store I knew I could stay forever. Every little detail was something I wanted to bring home. It was wonderful to look through everything. 










That tease that he'd found me the "Hallmark movie town" was true. He didn't know it but the girls spotted this sign in the window of that lovely store. It read, "as seen in the Hallmark Christmas movie: One Royal Holiday". Yup! I knew I loved that store! 

After that it was time to stop for lunch. 

It was a warm day for Connecticut so we were able to eat outside instead of our car... it was wonderful! 



We spent some time enjoying the parks and waterfall right in the middle of town. In earlier December they have a Christmas parade - next year for sure! 








As we drove our of Putnam we were on a road that looked down on that sweet, little town that I can't wait to return to. 

We stopped on the way out of town as this amazing Christmas barn filled to the brim with Christmas cheer around every corner. 



And drove right past the Inn that we were going to stay at. Someday... 


The only thing that was missing on this Christmas Getaway was snow... 

... but hold on, in just two days the snow came... about 16 inches. 

And so the magic continues... 

If you want to see more of past Christmas Getaway Weekends, just click here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment