Thursday, December 10, 2020

All Dressed Up For Christmas ~ part 1

I always start in the kitchen because it's so much fun to decorate that happy place. And it's actually easy to decorate because it is an all white room. This year I decided to put this tree right next to the sink. 

I had those little wood houses last year, but found the felt garland this year, and it was the perfect touch. 

I love the charm of that sink skirt and the cabinet doors off. It adds such a sweet touch that makes me smile every day.


I love the Christmas in here but also just the simple look of it all. 

Another look at those wooden houses... I was thrilled when I found a pink house since there is a lot of pink in my kitchen (on the vintage plates) and that gingerbread rug (above pictures) has pink also. 





I decided to fill this little wire baskets with dishtowels from special Christmas Getaway trips. They make me smile. A favorite childhood book - oh how I love this one! 




My baking center at Christmastime is so lovely to be in. I make sure that it is all stocked up and ready for baking all of our Christmas treats. Our Christmas morning tea cake is already baked and tucked in the freezer, just waiting for us. 

I moved my vintage pink canisters right up front where I usually have my clear jars, and I love the pop of happy pink in there. 

And here at my canisters tucked right in below along with all of my baking sheets. 

Right through the kitchen is our mudroom/laundry room. I took off those doors too and made it sweet with a towel bar on the dryer, right next to the sink. And I love the sink skirt on that mudroom sink. 

Teapot and my husbands Bible... swoon. 

Looking into the mudroom/laundry room. One of our favorite antiques is our vintage Hitchcock table and chairs.  My MacKenzie-Childs tea kettle always comes out at Christmas. 

Peeking into my vintage toy oven is a sweet little gingerbread and book painted by a teacher mentor that I adore. 


So grateful for this bright, white room to hold so much of our daily life. 







So our kitchen is all dressed up - even though I am 'done' in this room, I keep rearranging and I'm sure I will until December 24. 💖

1 comment:

  1. What a festive cheerful kitchen. I love the colors. Is that a Susan Branch book? I have several of her books. I love her, too!

    ReplyDelete