Sunday, May 19, 2024

The Season of Concerts

Oh goodness, I won't take one song, one concert for granted. I know my days as a Mom at orchestra concerts for my daughters won't be forever and I love them so much. 

I won't lie, it's really a full weekend when there are two concerts, a birthday part (Abigail is 17 - more coming on that), and a big week to prepare for. Phew! 

And I thought about going back to where ever I left off but I think I'll start with this weekend (minus the birthday party) 

On Saturday Abigail played for the HARTT string orchestra called Opus. It's comprised of students from many different towns and is an auditioned orchestra. The concert was beautiful. And the best news is that it was recorded. It's a bit tricky to find where Abigail starts playing because Opus is the last orchestra up, but here is the video: 

If you start at 1:05 you will see the orchestra that Abigail is in: 



So beautiful, right? Oh my heart! 

Then today she played in Cameratta. This also is an auditioned orchestra with students from just our two high schools. Although it wasn't recorded I did take a few clips of each song:


 




Abigail has a viola solo in there -- I'm so glad I caught it! 




And she let me get a picture of her outside when we left! 



One more concert during the week and then this viola can rest for a while... 

No comments:

Post a Comment