Friday, April 24, 2020

How a house (a life, a home, a family) is built

Taken in a different year - oh how I would do anything to roam the aisles of a greenhouse.

2017
friday 7

Proverbs 24:3-4

Through skillful and Godly wisdom is a house (a life, a home, a family) built, and by understanding it is established (on a sound and good foundation).


What is "skillful and Godly wisdom"? Well to me, this morning I was thinking
It is the Word of God and the Holy Spirit that lives in us.

The house is our family, our life together and it needs to have understanding.

Understanding the Wisdom of God doesn't come from self-help books.
Wisdom doesn't come from culture.
Wisdom doesn't come from the way of the world
Wisdom and understanding comes from God.

And by knowledge shall it's chambers (of every area) be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

And what are those "riches"? Well to me, this morning I was thinking they are
riches of peace
riches of laughter
riches of pleasantness
riches of cooperation
riches of love

Oh how I love those verses.

They are the heartbeat of all I want to do in my home."

I have been praying that God shows me each morning in my quiet time His wisdom so that I have understanding. I know that is how I want my "house (a life, a home, a family)" to be "built." And I am so grateful I don't do it alone.

2017
friday 9

One day these garden stores will open up and we will roam the aisles filling our carts with the color of spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment