Monday, April 6, 2020

A Small Dining Room Project

This was a little project but I really wanted to get to it for so long! It didn't even take that long either!

A  while back we got a new dining room set - an antique - Hitchcock 💕

And not that long ago we painted the dining room white -

And this past weekend - finally - I got the backing in the cabinet.

First I took out the milkglass

6

I love the way milk glass instead of china dishes look in this cabinet but they just didn't show up against the wood background.

7

So Scott took a Cath Kidston table cloth I had and whiped up a backing for me.

5

I'd like to order some Cath Kidston wallpaper - it would hang better - but this is just fine (lovely actually) for now.

4

This was before I hid the lamp cord.

3

2

1

I love how light it makes the room look.

8

11

So here's the before...

12

... and the after!

9

11

On to the next!!


2 comments:

  1. It looks great! Makes the milk glass stand out so beautifully. Organizing and rearranging has been keeping me busy over here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love what you've done to your hutch! It's beautiful. You have a wonderful collection of milk glass, Tara.

    ReplyDelete