Wednesday, February 22, 2023

A Health Update

24 hours of not clicking that button on my phone that has a big I in the middle and I already feel different. I don't think it will change my life but I know it is right for me this lent. Click HERE if you want to read my Lenten journey. 

 Music (click HERE

This blog feels like an old friend. Sure I've still been blogging regularly but knowing that it the only place I'll be posting makes me remember the 'good ol days' of being here as a mama. Blogging here feels lighter, easier, less curated, just me. And that is exactly what I was led toward this lent. 

I put this song on today (see link above) and it made me want to do an update post on Abigail. 

I know she reads here. So I don't want to be too too sappy or sad. Just an update.

Dinner tonight was a vegetable soup. She'll eat anything. She had Jazz Dancers for Pop 'n Jazz 7 pm to 8:45 so I knew I had to get her out the door quickly. But it's hard for her to eat quickly. She just can't. Just this Monday we were at Radiology at the children's hospital for her.

I filled her water bottle as she was getting ready to head out the door. Handed her her first pill and then another. 

Most of the time I barely notice. It's been 14 years of this. 

But tonight I did. 

Pills after dinner. A shot before bed. A brace to sleep in all night. 

Please pray for my little girl. None of these things: her diagnosis of Eosinophilic Esophagus, growth hormone deficiency, her scoliosis are life threatening. But they are life altering. 

It has become increasingly difficult for Abigail to swallow. This Monday found that her esophagus is indeed narrowed and there are some irregularities in the wall. I'm not sure what the doctor will do about it. There is a lot of trial and error with managing a chronic illness. 

But we will wait and try and pray. 

These pictures not from that swallow test on Monday but from a few weeks ago - an endoscopy. 



And with that update, off I go... a bunch of things to do tonight before I go to bed... 


2 comments: