Monday, August 15, 2022

Loving Our Adventure Wall

Last summer we were in the main store of LLBean (in Maine) on our way to Acadia National Park. I saw a sign that was painted. It read, "Maine Bluberries". Now for a girl who literally walks around saying almost daily, "blueberries are my life", I really wanted it. 

I thought of the porch right away. I've been looking/thinking about that wall since we added on and I just never found the right thing to hang there. Oh how I wanted something authentic. Nothing against stores like 'Homegoods' 'Michaels' or 'Hobby Lobby"; they are great for seasonal decor. But I sure didn't want a new seasonal project where I was constantly buying new things for the wall and switching out each season. No way! But of course that is why it has been blank since we built. Which was fine, but something in me when I saw "Maine Blueberries" clicked. 

But then I thought, "that doesn't make sense; why would I buy a wooden sign that says Maine on it for a porch in Connecticut?" Kind of dumb actually. So I left that sign there.

Then in the middle of the trip we were in Acadia at Jordan Pond. We hiked that day and ate lunch at the famous tea and popovers. We peeked into the gift shop and I saw another sign. Click HERE to see that day. As soon as I saw the Jordan Pond sign I knew what I could do -- what if I bought the Jordan Pond sign, stopped back on our way home and got that Maine Blueberries sign and then filled in the wall with all of the other places we've visited recently. 

Well my heart skipped a beat with that idea! That was over a year ago, and yes it took me almost a year to make this happen. I would have like to actually find a poster or sign from each of the places we'd visited but I filled in with posters and signs online. Some of them are really cool! (especailly the map of Novia Scotia) 

We finally framed all of them and hung them up (after getting one more of Whistler). There are still a few places to find but I know I will. 

From now on, whenever we travel far enough from home I will be on the lookout for another for our wall. 

Let me show you how it turned out: 


I took these picture really quick but even as I'm typing in our dining room, I can look out the kitchen sink window and see that wall from here. I love that it shows from the porch (of course), the kitchen, the dining room, and the family room. It feels completed and oh so wonderful to me. 









Click HERE to see my instagram where there is a Reel on putting this up. 

May there be many more adventures with my sweet family and many more poster and signs up here reminding us of them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment