Tuesday, August 2, 2022

The Way to Whistler, BC

The drive from the city of Vancouver to Whistler, BC is the most picturesque I've been on in my life. I wish I had more photos of the look outs and mountains we were seeing on our way. 

I read about it but didn't really expect that a drive from one place to another would be one of my favorite parts of this trip. But golly it was! 

This drive is called the Sea to Sky Highway. You can read HERE to see more about it. 

Just off the road, a pull into a parking lot and THIS waterfall! I mean, can you stand all that beauty?! 



We walked up a path (it's wasn't a hike at all -- it was literally just off the road) and this is what we saw: 


I feel like thought blogging this trip I have been saying over and over, "there is no way to capture this", and it's true! 



I can hardly pick my favorite! 


This is Shannon Falls. HERE is a website on it. 




This is the quaint town of Squamish. It is about halfway between Vancouver and Whistler. 

Cute shops, cafes, just what we needed! 





The best iced tea from the entire trip! 





And before Whistler, BC, one more enormous waterfall! 







Whistler is an awesome place to visit. We checked into our hotel. We stayed HERE. I look at those pictures and even though I don't sky, I sure wish I could go back and visit when it's covered in snow. 






This first day filled with the drive between two destinations, two waterfalls, lots more eating and shopping... was the perfect in between day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment