Monday, May 2, 2022

A Birthday Present

I had a birthday in January and when Scott asked me if I wanted something special I always think of something for our home. Something that we wouldn't normally buy; I immediately thought of a new chandelier for our dining room! Yeah!

Scott was on board for sure because the one we've had since we moved into this 1950 Connecticut colonial was not original to our home. All of the other light fixtures (minus the kitchen) are. And they are stunning. I love them all so much. But this one must have been replaced and we've both hated it. We moved into this home in 2001 and that is just too long to wait to replace. 

I wanted to choose something that would reflect the character of our home, our taste, and style. We also wanted something a bit larger with more light. 

I always say, "trends come and go, but staying true to the character of your home is classic." 

We found and adore this one. It fits our dining room furniture (post back here)  (and here) (and here), Hitchcock. I honestly still keep going in there and turning the light on to look at it... and dust it, I LOVE dusting it! I refuse to let any dust settle on it. 

Here is my electrician (husband!) installing it. 







Here is what it looked like on its first holiday... Easter...











No comments:

Post a Comment